Re: Assmble the battery board methods evaluation

So lots of people have received their boards, has anybody got one working with a Novena yet?  Wonder if people are having success or failure?

nothing to report from my site so far.
My novena board is still a hostage by custom...

Bit late but I finally got my board from the post office; delivery was attempted a week ago but I wasn't around and finally had enough free time to go collect it today.

179 (edited by hypermeta 2015-02-10 13:14:31)

I have the novena board and the mclien-produced battery board. My battery board hasn't been powered up or flashed due to time constraints and I haven't purchased any batteries yet.

GregRob: I could set aside some time this weekend and perform tests. If you let me know what tests you'd like to see (with as much detail as possible) then I'll try to assist.

aguki wrote:

Bit late but I finally got my board from the post office; delivery was attempted a week ago but I wasn't around and finally had enough free time to go collect it today.

Nice to hear that. I'll post some over all status report later this week.
Got my novena last week BTW. (Was qiute a challange to get it. Will write later about it, too)

little shipping update:
bigger part is done (I consider "done" when I got a "get it" confirmation from the receipient).
Rest is:
-2 awaiting confirmation (GregRob, @srk) (could be my fault overseeing it)
-2 on it's way (pelrun, kennyr)
-3 no response so far (immaculate, kop316, voxadam)
-2 free to claim
-2 other issues (by be free to claim in a while)

Feel free to mention the free ones somewhere else (there was the Fernvale talk at 31c3 mentioned,where somebody asked, but I can't find that to post a comment).
And point them to this thread.

so long
mclien

I have received my board.

mclien,
Am I reading your last post correctly in that you still have two assembled boards available?  If so, I'd like to claim one.
Thanks!
scott_

Hi scott_,

yes that's correct. (at least stile one left now).
Please send me a forum mail with your shipping address and I'll let you know how to pay.

mclien

If there's one more left, I'd like one too please! I've dropped you a forum email already.

Just wanted to confirm that I got my board last week. Just waiting for the actual computer now...

Thanks again for doing this!
Kenny

james_a_craig wrote:

If there's one more left, I'd like one too please! I've dropped you a forum email already.

Hi james_a_craig,
yes got that and repyed at 21th Feb. (check your SPAM folder, I recently noted that the fales positives are much higher than before..)
Anyway one is reserved for you. Just let me know your address with a forum mail and I'll get it on it's way..

Board received! Looks awesome!

Now I just need a Novena to stick it in...

Hi, @mclien

I've received my board and it looks really good. No time to test it yet.

That's mine arrived and flashed - mostly works, I think. I've got some problems, but I'm sure they're fixable - there's an existing thread about flashing it so further discussion on that will be over there. Thanks again, mclien!

This is a mostly-useless post to say that I forgot how much "fun" soldering 0201 parts is. Fortunately the only ones are some 0.1 uF caps, but still. I'm sure it will build character. The no-lead parts were also not so fun, but I think I got them on there OK. If not, I'll find out when I try to use the thing.

And now my Novena shipped, so I had better get this finished...

And mine has made it safely to me and it looks awesome (I'm really glad to have had someone else deal with the 0201 caps!).  Thanks again, mclien, for organizing all of this.

I am also interested in getting a battery board. If there are any left from the previous production run I would be happy to purchase one. If not I think I might try to get it made on https://circuithub.com/, in which case I'd be interested in talking with whoever worked on the previous production to get help with how the production steps that I'd need to instruct circuithub on.

swartzcr wrote:

I am also interested in getting a battery board. If there are any left from the previous production run I would be happy to purchase one. If not I think I might try to get it made on https://circuithub.com/, in which case I'd be interested in talking with whoever worked on the previous production to get help with how the production steps that I'd need to instruct circuithub on.

You can take mine if it's still reserved and there are no others left, as I can likely will not be able to afford it at this point in time.

Hi there,

at the moment I have 5 boards left:
3 from our "unresponsive champs" : immaculate, kop316, voxadam (at least I got no note from them and hope that's not a spam problem on my site)
2 from emusan and winter (which both withdraw their order).

so @swartzcr:
no need to produce one yourself at the moment. :-)
just drop me a mail via the form with your address and I'll sent you paiment information.

getting rid of the last boards.

until now I had less requests than interests. After giving the withdrawed boards (winter/emusan) to other intrests, I now have another kind of problem:
yet another interest, but 3 guys how only contacted me before the production of theboards or short after, but never answered me since then.
So I'll do the following: after another week from now without any notes from those 3, I'll start selling to other interests giving them away to whoever asks first (on gone already by these term at 3.4.2015).

I'm quite tolerant here, but can't afford to have those hardware laying around for ever.

Hoping not to have overread something,
greets
mclien

Hi mclien,

do you happen to have one of your battery boards left?

Thanks in advance.

Hi mclien,

I'll take a board if there's one going spare.

Cheers

Hi all together,

no boards left from this batch. BUT I have at least 4 intrests  for now (perhaps 2 more, which didn't contact me after their first intrest for the first batch).
So give me some time to figure out, if I do a second batch (or at least a run for it).

so long
mclien

You can add me as another with interest in getting one from a second batch.