1 (edited by satinder.cadsys 2019-07-26 07:44:59)

Topic: Novena not reading the sd card only green led is glowing

Hi ,

I have novena development board which was working fine for me few years ago . Recently I wanna develop something on it and I tried to boot it up . But I am unable . Only green LED glowing . I am using 18.5 V 3.51 A power supply and also checked debug logs with new cord-able USB to TTL cable . I did not getting any log message . I checked my sd card partition in my linux system which is fine . I am stuck on that what is going wrong with me . If anyone know about that please help me , Big thank you for that .

Re: Novena not reading the sd card only green led is glowing

Tricky.

My first question would be about whether the USB/TTL adaptor was working. Can you try another?

Also, various steps in the boot sequence at https://www.kosagi.com/w/index.php?title=Booting_novena should have externally-visible consequences (devices powering-up etc.). Are they?

Hi ,

Thanks for reply !!

I brought that cable from amazon I think it is good but not sure about connections because I just connected it as per color codes mention in Novena board . I did not received any documentation with that cable . Here is it :

https://www.amazon.ca/gp/product/B07JCW … &psc=1

I did not see any single line on my terminal . I am totally stuck on that because I am using same sd card which was working fine few years ago . I also checked it and mounted it in my ubuntu machine it is fine but board is not reading it .

I am using new power supply 18v 3.51 A .

Have you any idea what I need to do ? how I can boot it up .

Another option for you if you want is that there are jumpers on the novena to tell the CPU where to look for it's first boot sector. That way you can boot directly from an SD card for from the SSD.

chris4795 wrote:

Another option for you if you want is that there are jumpers on the novena to tell the CPU where to look for it's first boot sector. That way you can boot directly from an SD card for from the SSD.

Hi chirs I am not an hardware engineer. Can help who can do it for me