Topic: Use case, need advice

Hi guys,

I'm a new NeTV user. I intend to use the device for simple HTML overlay over HDMI video. I would like to be able to shut down the default menus, crawler, etc, and load a remote HTML page.

Please, I'd like to get some advice to get started with how to customize the services running on the NeTV, in order to disable the bottom-left bug, crawler, customize the menu...

One more question: is it possible by any means to use HTML items with transparency, instead of chroma key?

Thank you and happy holidays for everybody.

Alberto.

Re: Use case, need advice

Hi Alberto,

NeTV user sredmyer was kind enough to document his (successful) efforts to have his NeTV use a remote HTML page. There are two consecutive posts that should get you started, and the first one is here.

One more question: is it possible by any means to use HTML items with transparency, instead of chroma key?

As far as I know, chroma key is the only method supported.

Thank you taa!

I accomplished the same thing by modifying the index.html. It contains the menu and loads everything else. I removed everything but left an iframe with a height and width of 100% and pointed it to my external page. Now it is the only thing that loads by default. Pretty happy with the behaviour.

Wisdom availed is money eared – That’s KILLERWHALE.IO