Topic: Issue with USB AUDIO

Hi !

First a big thank you for this great product. For me this embedded linux is still quite unknown area for me and I am learning a lot from this project.

I am developing an application that runs on the NeTV, showing an overlay based on audio input.
Since (sadly) the audio from the HDMI-in is not routed to the CPU, I decided to wire an USB-HUB in order to connect the Wifi module and an external USB soundcard (based on the TI PCM2902E Audio Chip) .

Playing audio with 'aplay' works fine! But recordind audio with 'arecord' FAILS. arecord outputs this error:
arecord: xrun:1282: read/write error, state = PREPARED

And when I check dmesg I see this line:
cannot submit datapipe for usb 0, error -28: not enough bandwidth

Now after some digging on the web I have seen this solution several times:
Configure your kernel with CONFIG_USB_EHCI_TT_NEWSCHED

But of course rebuilding the kernel is something I cannot do myself :-/

We have bought several NeTV devices for this project and now it seems we cannot succeed because of this issue :-(

I have 2 questions:
1) Can you please verify if the current version of the NeTV firmware indeed lacks this CONFIG_USB_EHCI_TT_NEWSCHED option?

2) And if this option is indeed missing, are you willing to create a firmware update with this magic kernel-option set?

Your help is much appreciated!!

PS: The NeTV2 looks very promising!! You will understand decoding & feeding audio from HDMI-input into the CPU would be an amazing feature for us!

Best regards,
Sander