Re: Various Senoko oddities

It is one from crows supply.

Do you remember which resistor it was?

R302. In this pic: http://bunniefoo.com/novena/pvt1_releas … o_dvt1.jpg it's the green one right next to the Moley Battery connector on the left site of the board.
BUT I guess bunnie should say something about, how likely you have the same problem like we had. It took is quite some time to find the problem (~ 2h, from which 10 min were the fix itself)

I think I have fixed the issue on it. I have been working with a guy at my school that specializes in battery board design. I have a few notes from him that would be helpful for the future:

-  With this Gas Gauge type, the cells must be connected in a certain order, which is as follows: GND, Cell 1, Cell 2, Cell 3, and Cell 4 (if there is one). Then you can connect the larger power molex connector.

- If you are having an issue where the board is refusing to charge or discharge the battery, the cells may be uneven. If they are uneven beyond a certain point (40-100 mV is the point, I am not sure yet), the board assumes the battery is dead and won't charge them.

- There is enough current from the cells that there can be an arc, and this can damage the gas gauge. if there is a revisiion, he recommends some sort of circuit so it won't arc like that.

In my board, I think the connector was damaged and did not provide the right power to the gas gauge. This eventually damaged the IC and I had to replace the gas gauge and the connector.

54 (edited by chris4795 2016-04-29 09:00:03)

Unfortunately, I am now at an issue where the battery board can and will discharge, but will not charge. If I plug in AC power, it goes to a current of 0 mA. The Senoko can tell that AC is being plugged in and unplugged.

EDIT: This appears to be normal behavior. After I discharged the battery for a while longer, the battery started charging (when you plug it in, it takes up to 30 seconds for the stats command to show it is charging).

The "charging" flag is based on the 60-second running average, so it makes sense that it can take 30 seconds for the "current" to go positive.

That makes sense! Well it has been working normally since my last post, so I think whatever issues I have been having are over!