Topic: SSD mounting brackets missing?

Are there supposed to be ssd mounting brackets in the desktop kit? I've been through everything that came in my box, but there's nothing that looks like the brackets I've seen in other photos people have posted.

Re: SSD mounting brackets missing?

My brackets came installed in the case, not loose in the box. Maybe they're installed and you overlooked them because you didn't expect it? I know I've made stupid mistakes like that before...

Ok, I'm definitely missing them then. sad

If you're missing them, contact Crowd Supply.  They should be able to sort it out.

Thanks, that was going to be my next question. It was a bit unclear what the support route is for fulfillment issues (certainly hassling you and bunnie is the worst possible option!)

As a followup, Crowd Supply got right on it and I'm getting a bracket shipped out shortly.

Maybe by the time it arrives I'll actually be doing something that warrants putting the SSD in; at the moment I don't even notice I'm just running off an sd card smile

Generally, the right path is to first contact Crowd Supply, and then they'll kick up any issues they can't handle themselves to us. It looks like someone else also is missing SSD brackets, so I'm checking now into the SOP to make sure we aren't missing an inspection step in the factory. I suspect now that I've seen two instances of this, there may be more. sad

Once is happenstance. Twice is coincidence. Three times is enemy action. smile

Brackets arrived in the mail this morning, so my Novena is complete. Thanks to CrowdSupply and bunnie et al for getting this sorted for me. I hope there weren't too many other people affected!