Topic: Display N133HSE-EA1, eDP=?=DisplayPort, eDP board

Hi, especially bunnie,

I bought 2 of the N133HSE-EA1 displays and wanted to test them out... but it did not work as expected. A few questions for anyone with some free time and experience:

1) I read »somewhere« that I can simply attach the eDP interface to an usual DisplayPort, so I just cut open a DP cable, attached all data lines and whatnot, but I don't get any reaction from my laptop when plugged in. Is this even possible and are there some tricks I have to know?

2) I have a version 0.0 datasheet (lol) with the following pin layout, is this correct? Note all the inconsistencies...

1  NC  No Connection (Reserved for CMI test)
2  H_GND  High Speed Ground
3  ML1-  Complement Signal-Lane 0
4  ML1+  True Signal-Main Lane 0
5  H_GND  High Speed Ground
6  ML0-  Complement Signal-Lane 0
7  ML0+  True Signal-Main Lane 0
8  H_GND  High Speed Ground
9  AUX+  True Signal-Auxiliary Channel
10  AUX-  Complement Signal-Auxiliary Channel
11  H_GND  High Speed Ground
12  VCCS  Power Supply +3.3 V (typical)
13  VCCS  Power Supply +3.3 V (typical)
14  NC  No Connection (Reserved for CMI test)
15  GND  Ground
16  GND  Ground
17  HPD  Hot Plug Detect
18  BL_GND  BL Ground
19  BL_GND  BL Ground
20  BL_GND  BL Ground
21  BL_GND  BL Ground
22  LED_EN  BL_Enable Signal of LED Converter
23  LED_PWM
24  NC
25  NC
26  LED_VCCS
27  LED_VCCS
28  LED_VCCS
29  LED_VCCS
30  LED_VCCS

3) I would like to start ordering parts for the LVDS->eDP board, anyone interested?

Re: Display N133HSE-EA1, eDP=?=DisplayPort, eDP board

That's the same datasheet I'm using, and it works for me.

You can use regular DP to go into eDP, it's a physical form factor change. However, keep in mind that DP runs at gigabit-speeds, so if you're going to fly-wire things, you better be extremely good at soldering and your fly wires have to be extremely short, like a couple mm if you want a reliable connection.

Well, it is always the cables, isn't it? Well, I will change them from the ~10cm they are now (lol) to something shorter and see if it will work then. Unfortunately, the wires inside the DP cable is way too fat to solder them directly on to the display-plug.

4 (edited by mclien 2014-11-04 20:55:52)

raziel wrote:

3) I would like to start ordering parts for the LVDS->eDP board, anyone interested?...

Well, as soon as I'm through with the batteryboard it could be a good/obvious idea to do the eDP board and re-use the connections and ways again...
Could be a bit less work as start from scratch.

@mclien,

in principle -- yes, that is a very obvious and good idea. Nonetheless I might be ordering parts by myself. Why? No good reasons, that is actually a pretty stupid idea ^_^ Just ignore that I am doing this.