Topic: Laptop to desktop conversion

My batteries are dead, and my senoko board emitted smoke, so I want to convert to a desktop, i.e. a laptop with no batteries that I always run off the PSU. Is it as simple as plugging the PSU plug into the socket on the main PCB?  Because that didn't work, I can't get the board to turn on.

Re: Laptop to desktop conversion

Apologies for the not-entirely-helpful response, but I vaguely recall there being some important reason for not connecting power directly to the motherboard, without recalling what the reason was. It may only apply while the Senoko board is present though; did you remove it first?

Yes, I removed the senoko before plugging power in. The board died before I tried this.

I don't have my Novena in front of me; was there anything connected to the Senoko other than the battery+sensors, motherboard, and power supply? (I'm trying to recall how the power button is connected.)

What is the supply voltage? My mainboards had problems above 18V, and Novena power supply supplied slightly more (something around 19V). WIth the Senoko in between, the supply voltage was slightly lower and that voltage was fine the Novena mainboard. I am currently using old IBM laptop power supply which are delivering around 16-17 V, which is much better for Novena.
When the mainboard got too much voltage, it usually blinked shortly with a LED, and then it went dark again. In one out of perhaps thirty cases, it succeeded to boot with the high voltage.