Topic: Boot trouble "fixed" by unplugging battery
So I had trouble booting my Novena laptop with the same symptom as in the boot time problem: stream of systemd: Time has been changed thread.
1) How do you know if the power source below the DIMM is a supercap or a reachargeable battery? mine looks exactly like the one in the PVT2 top picture, green color an all, but there isn't any markings on the top side of it. Anyway, when the Novena is powered off it reads about 0.3 V. The DIMM covers it, so I can't measure the voltage when the machine is powered on.
2) I figured out that if I disconnect the main battery plug (the large 4 pin Molex plug) the Novena boots fine, without any symptoms.
3) How is the battery charged? Through the main connector or through the smaller (balancing?) connector?
4) is it dangerous or wrong to plug in the main battery connector while the Novena is running?
5) Is it dangerous to run the Novena with the main battery connector disconnected?