1 (edited by justaway 2017-01-12 18:23:38)

Topic: Problem detecting input resolution

I received the NeTV starter kit sometime ago and I followed the steps on the wiki to update the firmware and assemble the product.
However, plugging it into the TV, I get a message saying 'Problem detecting input resolution' and it is followed by a blank screen(or the STB content if I plug in the STB as input). It occasionally switches to the WiFi configuration screen of NeTV but the duration is too short to be able to do anything.

I looked up in the forums to see if there was a fix and I came across this thread.
I'm facing the exact same problem as mcisar and I'm able to replicate all his results[outputs to the various commands] too.

Apart from this, I'm also unable to configure the WiFi through the command line. I get an error which says something along the lines of 'Read-only filesystem' when I execute the commands to configure the WiFi from ubuntu terminal.

Any help/advice would be appreciated.

Re: Problem detecting input resolution

Hi justaway,

I looked up in the forums to see if there was a fix and I came across this thread.

I know you're saying you got all the same output but can you confirm the firmware version as it is very important:

chumby_version -f

Did you run into any problems at all when updating the firmare?

However, plugging it into the TV, I get a message saying 'Problem detecting input resolution' and it is followed by a blank screen(or the STB content if I plug in the STB as input).

When you get the blank screen, what do you have connected as input? The NeTV does require an input source. For the sake of discussion, what is the make/model of your STB?

I'm also unable to configure the WiFi through the command line.

The steps I use are here. Are these the same steps you're following? If not, could you post a URL to the steps you're using?

I get an error which says something along the lines of 'Read-only filesystem' when I execute the commands to configure the WiFi from ubuntu terminal.

That is very strange. What do you get when you connect via ssh and type the following:

mount | grep psp

For comparison purposes, I get:

root@localhost:~# mount|grep psp
/dev/mmcblk0p3 on /psp type ext4 (rw,noatime,barrier=1,data=ordered)
root@localhost:~#

Re: Problem detecting input resolution

Thanks for the reply.

chumby_version -f

This returns 43.

Did you run into any problems at all when updating the firmare?

No, none that I can remember. I updated it from ubuntu with the command-line arguements mentioned here

When you get the blank screen, what do you have connected as input? The NeTV does require an input source. For the sake of discussion, what is the make/model of your STB?

I've tried using it without an input, with my Laptop's HDMI output as the input and also with the STB's HDMI output as the input. The STB I use is this one

The steps I use are here. Are these the same steps you're following? If not, could you post a URL to the steps you're using?

I use the same steps as mentioned in the link you posted.
However, when I execute

cat > network_config

I get

-sh: network_config: Read-only file system

That is very strange. What do you get when you connect via ssh and type the following:

mount | grep psp

For comparison purposes, I get:

root@localhost:~# mount|grep psp
/dev/mmcblk0p3 on /psp type ext4 (rw,noatime,barrier=1,data=ordered)
root@localhost:~#

OK, this is where the problem lies I guess.
I do not get an output for the command.
This is my output

root@chumby-silvermoon-netv:~# mount|grep psp
root@chumby-silvermoon-netv:~# 

Any ideas how to resolve this?