1 (edited by mclien 2016-12-19 22:25:59)

Topic: Senoko battery board. new batch?

With all the Senoko bards from the crowdfunding gone, here comes the new thread to evaluate interest for that.

So simply leave a post, if you are interested in one. Last time I had 33 boards for one run, so if there is need for ~30 boards, I guess it's worth doing.

If I'm not posting for a while, feel free to hint me via forum mail.

The list so far (05 May 2016) [41]:
SPARE
sevo
dileepvr
soloso
mikem
snth
jason.w.kuehl
technosapien (with new features)
subway
subway
pfoetchen
[mclien]  (repaired, so out) - maybe in for making a thinkpad-hummingboard-senoko-Laptop...
briny
marsch
viktor
snikrepmada
nbhudzik
mga74    (2)
kubatyszko
chris4795
aidalgol
james_a_craig
burcestoof
jonititan
monological
horst
dwrob
spareparts  (2)
Delta_50
Jookia
bk
Paul
andreser
ap
c.io
grf  (2)
linob  (2)
pff000

Re: Senoko battery board. new batch?

I'm up for a passthrough board, though this probably not the right thread for it. Who does those?

Sure, I'd be interested in the battery board.

I'd like one as well.

I'm interesting in getting one as well.

6 (edited by mclien 2015-10-09 20:02:52)

Jookia wrote:

I'm up for a passthrough board, though this probably not the right thread for it. Who does those?

Well, passthrough is a different board, so wrong thread, yes.
who is making it? Whoever is willing to get the specs an let it be made (it's openhardware!). bunnies passthrough already gone too?

If you ask, if I'll do that too, the answer is: I haven't planned to to so at the moment

Definitely interested

I would be interested

I would be Interested.

10 (edited by technosapien 2015-10-29 12:36:09)

Would it be possible to revise it so it could work with battery switching away from wall outlets? I would buy 2 if the issues of the original could be sorted out. I know it's easy to ask for and hard to realize, but would that be realistic?

(Or maybe things have been solved already, and I just don't know about it?)

technosapien wrote:

Would it be possible to revise it so it could work with battery switching away from wall outlets? I would buy 2 if the issues of the original could be sorted out. I know it's easy to ask for and hard to realize, but would that be realistic?

Well, I'm just taking the information and let it be produced (need next to nothing to know about hardwaredesign, softawre and such) and I manage to get drowned in other things so often and frequently, that i exactly managed to start ma novena ONCE!

So not much help from me here. But clear one point for me:
We are talking about switching the batteries on a non-running machine as in "switched off", right?

so it's like:
-shutting down
-replace empty battery with full on
-won't boot, because the senoko still thinks battery is empty?

Then some one (bunnie/xobs) as to add knowledge, if that's a hardware or a somtware problem.
If it's hardware and a mnor change to the board someone can apply to the layouts, I could imagine to produce a changed board instead of just repead the last run.
But it most likely will add cost, since we can't relay on the already existing manufacturing programs.

But whatever fits the community better...

The problem is that the TI gas gauge assumes there's always a battery present, which is a perfectly fine assumption for most batteries but happens to not be true in the case you're describing.

The idea of the "PRIME" button was to feed the battery into the STM32, which is at least enough to get it to boot.  Unfortunately the gas gauge is more stubborn, and won't boot until it's started to charge (see all of the annoying code in gg.c).

You need at least 6V or so.  You *might* be able to prime it with a 9V battery, which might be enough to kickstart it.

as we are talking about a new batch of boards to produce:
is there a way (maybe a hardware upgrade of the gas gauge) to modify the board to get rid of the problem?
Or can the supercap be "misused" for that?
Or would some modification, including an additional supercap, help?

So if there is a change we can easiely implement in the next production run, I'm willing to do so

I'd also be interested in picking up a board if another run happens.

I would be interested, too.

I'd be interested in one board.

Recent events might suggest I need a board myself (nopsled seems to have a broken one from my last batch).
For that reason, I will calculate the price differently, I guess. Something like 32 boards will pay for 33 produced, so I/everybody will have one board as backup in case something goes ape.
Should be not that much difference, because the next batch should spare the programming cost.

I'm interested in a battery board as well. Thanks.

I would be interested in one as well.

Viktor

I'm also interested in one.

Adam

I, too, am interested in one.

Thanks,

Nathan

I'm also interested in senoko battery board... I'd like two of these, if possibile... Thank you very much !
Marco

count me in please

Hello,

Would it be too late to get in for one?

I definitely want to buy a Senoko.  The only reason I didn't earlier when it was up on the Novena CrowdSupply page is because I was (nearly) broke during that period.  (Talk about awful timing.)