Topic: UIM slot

I was doing a bit of research into the use of the UIM slot on the bottom of the main board, bunnie had said that it was for use with mPCIx mobile data cards. I couldn't find what one looked like: the form factor of either mPCIe or PCI-x is wrong. My question is, does the UIM slot work with a standard SIM card that you might find in the U.S.? They're on different networks, but it seems that r-UIM cards have all (and more) of the functionality of SIM cards.

Re: UIM slot

Yes, it is for standard SIM/r-UIM cards. The SIM/r-UIM card has to be compatible to the mobile broadband module.
To use the SIM/r-UIM card on on the backside you have to replace the WLAN/Bluetooth mPCIe module on the frontside of the Novena mainboard with a mPCIe mobile broadband module. e.g: https://techship.se/products/category/h … i-express/
Unfortunately Novena only has one mPCIe slot, and I haven´t  found any HSPA(+GPS)+WLAN(+Bluetooth) mPCIe modules yet.

I went looking everywhere I could think of, to no avail. I think the more annoying thing is that aliexpress and ebay think that any wireless card immediately constitutes WLAN. If anyone has found a card that even does WLAN and HSPA, I would be most interested in a model number.

This post has been reported as spam and is awaiting review by the moderators.

This post has been reported as spam and is awaiting review by the moderators.